Sunday, November 9, 2008

Viral Rash






*Warning*
Pictures may break your Heart!

Wednesday morning Miller woke up with these little red dots on her feet. My immediate reaction was she must be having an allergic reacting to her shots from the day before. As the day progressed and I took her temperature several times with no fever, the dots turned into a solid rash and was moving up her legs. So by 3 p.m. I contact her doctor to see what I needed to do. But because she didn't have a temperature and wasn't acting like it bothered her I didn't think it was a major deal. Well the Doctor didn't have any more appointments for the day so the nurse suggested we take her to the E.R. if it spread any further. So by 9 p.m. Wednesday night it had moved up her little tummie so of course I panic and so does Shane so we jumped in the car and headed to the E.R. After an hour we finally get back into a room where they inform us they are going to have to draw blood out of her tiny veins that are no bigger then a hair and put a foley catheter in to take a urine sample. By this time I am in tears because you see your precious child on a hospital bed as helpless as can be and there's nothing I can do for her. It was more miserable I think for Shane and I then for Miller. Finally, about 12:30 the doctor came in and diagnosed Miller with a Viral Rash. He told us that is an infant's way of trying to get rid of a virus. There was nothing they could give her to make it go away it just had to run it's course.

Thankfully, by Sunday the rash was gone.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Poor Miller! I am glad that it wasn't anything too serious, but that would be so hard to have to take her in to the ER like that.

God Bless,
Jon & Jen

Amy said...

She's precious ~ even with a rash :O). Saw your blog listed on another that I read and thought I'd say hello.